If You Build It, They Will Come.

Friday, September 23, 2005

Greetings from off the face of the Earth

To everyone trying to get in touch with me to no avail, I apologize. My cell phone is off, but should hopefully be back on this weekend.

It's been a helluva week. There's been a lot to deal with. Ask me about it sometime, I might even tell you what I'm talking about.

I turn 25 on monday. I purposefully haven't been telling people about my birthday because I don't want a lot of hoopla, and I don't want to celebrate, and I know that is somewhat unacceptable in society. So if anyone wants to get me a killer birthday present, give me that. I'm not exactly where I wanted to be by 25, and I'd really not like a lot of reminders of that.

The only reason I mention it at all, is because it's on my mind, and this is where I go to drop off most of the stuff that is on my mind. Funny enough though, the biggest stuff on my mind is the stuff that doesn't make it on here, because it's pretty personal, and even though this has been an online journal and look into my brain for all to see for almost five years now, there are still thngs that I'm not comfortable just publishing and sharing with the world.

For those of you new to this blog though (boo), I tend to still get it on here in somewhat more cryptic and vague ways. Like song lyrics, or perhaps writing out the entire last scene of the greatest American love story. This is so that people who know what is going on or are directly involved know what I'm talking about, or so that in five more years, when I have that day where I come back and look at the evolution of my character, I can see it and remember what this week was all about.

Not that it's much of a mystery anymore.

I was caller number nine and won a DVD box set of the first season of Lost from WGRD... ahem.... So maybe tomorrow I'll go up to Grand Rapids and pick it up.

Life is going on as usual here in Kalamazoo. I've been in Fiji all week.

There's a bluegrass band that practices at the house next door. They call themselves the Mossy Mountain Band. I've never been a bluegrass fan, but I gotta say, I love it when they practice and I can hear them through my window. I met one of the guys in the band today. He was born right across the river from me in Sarnia. Small world.

There's a story brewing inside of me. I don't know what it is yet. But it's there.

I finally got past -32 on notpr0n. I'm at -34 now. If anyone wants to try it it's a lot of fun, and once you start figuring it out, you'll feel like a freakin' genius. The point is to just figure out how to get to the next screen. From level 1 to level 82, then from level 0 to level -44, then from level Alpha to level Lambda. So there's a total of 138 levels. The link above takes you to level 1. Good luck.

It's 3am. I must be lonely.

I've got two rolls of film I need to get developed soon. I hope the film is still good in them. Chances are they aren't. I brought both cameras back home from Los Angeles when I flew here, and they went through the X-Ray machine. I think that butchers your film.

I had a great weekend, Erin. I look forward to calling you "Schmoo." Thank you for everything. Everything ever.

Congratulations to Tera Breinich who is getting married sometime soon.

24 was a good year though. Los Angeles was the best time ever. Maybe this year will be even better.

Who knows.

Goodnight Elisabeth.
-j

2 Comments:

  • Sometimes the best laid plans fall through, yet things have a way of working out. Being where we want to be and being where we need to be for the time being are often two entirely different things~~but with a common ending point. I know you have a good year, and good things, coming your way :) Lots of positive thoughts from me to you. Hope to catch you sometime to talk again.

    Until then Joseph~~
    boo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Sep 23, 11:49:00 PM EDT  

  • p.s. glad to know you are still around :) -boo

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sat Sep 24, 12:07:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home