If You Build It, They Will Come.

Saturday, May 17, 2003

If "real" is what you can see, smell, hear or touch, then realilty is simply electrical impulses interpreted by your brain. So why don't we question whether or not our electrical impulses are being manipulated? That I can see the desk in front of me, I can knock on it and feel it, and hear the noise of the wood against my knuckles, along with feeling my arm move towards the desk, when in fact, the desk isn't really here and I never moved. I'm not really seeing what is "in front of me." I could be lying in a little pink bubble of goo.

Easy, right, we covered this in 1999.

Now, if I could wake up, because I didn't buy that these manipulated electrical impulses were reality, and if the manipulator, the evil scientist or demon, was good enough to anticipate that some people might wake up, would the fact that I was right, that the manipulation was not real, and that I've woken up to see it as false, be enough for me to not even dream of questioning whether or not I had actually woken up, seeing as I still interpret reality through electrical impulses, and that the "real world" seems just as real as the "false world?" And, wouldn't that be an error on my part?

That was quite the run on sentence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home