If You Build It, They Will Come.

Tuesday, September 23, 2003

"So, I'm getting married today."

I got in my car, looking quickly at the clock. My mom would be there of course. I was going to say, "I do." I'm sure she's going to cry. Another one of her babies all grown up.

Of course she was going to be there, this was all her idea.

The countryside flew by my window as I raced to the church, or the field, or wherever my wedding was supposed to be. Mom took care of everything, including asking this girl to marry me. I couldn't help but be a little nervous. She picked a great girl, one of the first girls that I ever wanted to be with, one of the first girls that got away. My mom had somehow convinced her to come back.

Krissy.

Or was it Erin?

I guess I'll find out when I get there.

I stopped at grandma's on the way there to pick up my tuxedo. Mom picked it out. I guess we were going with a beach themed wedding. That's cool, I've always wanted one of those. I had a little time left over, so I made myself this big ice cream sundae and turned on the TV. This old black and white movie was on, and there was this kid and his new wife eating an ice cream sundae. I looked around me, there was no one to share my sundae with, but there would be soon.

We were going to get the cottage for the night. The wedding must be at the beach in Marine City. I got in the car and headed over there. But something happened. I made wrong turn. On purpose. Suddenly it hit me as I was doing 75 down MC Highway away from my own wedding... what the hell was I about to do? Why was I going to get married to Krissy or Erin, both of which were already married, when the feelings I had for them were long gone? How did I let myself get talked into this? I'm sure neither one of us really wanted to marry each other.

As I flew down the road my phone rang. I knew it was my mom wondering where I was. I hoped this wouldn't hurt her feelings. I couldn't think of what to say, I mean I know she was trying to make me happy in some weird twisted way.

Suddenly a wave of relief came over me as I realized it wasn't my cell phone ringing. It was my home phone, and it woke me up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home