If You Build It, They Will Come.

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Only in Dreams

Last night, I dreamt I was at the Atkinson's house, only it was the 1970's and all my friends were characters from "That 70's Show." We were going down to some local community center or something because David Bowie was there signing autographs. So I tell Kelso about it first, and he gets excited, and goes outside. Then I tell everyone else and we sneak past Red and go outside to get my car, but Kelso had taken it. But then he comes back because it was apparently all a joke. My car is my 2001 Monte Carlo, so it's totally awesome to have in the 1970's.

So Donna drives the car and instead of taking the road, she goes over the road and drives through the fields, then up a hill and at about 80mph cuts right into an expressway. We survived. We make it to this place where Bowie is, and it turns out we just missed him. So then suddenly, in the other room there's a crowd cheering. I walk in and there's an indoor (like in a big gymnasium) football game going on. So I join the football game, and as it turns out, it's a combination football/hockey/handball game. Like every quarter we play a different game. So anyway there's this guy on our team who only has one leg and one arm, and a really weird haircut named Stevie.

We play for a while, I'm a linebacker. I make a couple good blocks I guess, and then suddenly during one play, Stevie somehow ends up in the bleachers. He tries to get down by himself, and people want to help him, but he won't let them. Then he falls, and falls like really hard. He gets up, and grabs a microphone, and says to the crowd, "Say goodbye, because Stevie is going to go kill his life." (Yeah, I know, it doesn't make a lot of sense, but it was a dream, none of this really makes sense.) So Stevie hops out of the room, and our team captain goes after him. I was worried to go help, because I didn't know Stevie, plus I somehow knew he was going to try to kill himself with a big knife, and I didn't want him to stab me instead. So our captain eventually talked him out of it, and when he came back into the room, everyone cheered.

That's all I remember. God bless you Stevie. I'm glad you didn't kill your life.

-j

1 Comments:

  • Holy freakin' whoa!

    I mean jeez, I'm all for triumph of the spirit and people being courageous enough to live their dream even though they have physical or mental deformities or handicaps, but... just wow.

    First of all the refs sidelining the kid because he's not wearing shoes or kneepads... that's just cruel. I mean where's he supposed to wear them, on his ears? His body stops at his butt.

    But seriously, let's be honest here and point out the fact that legs are extremely useful. If you don't have any legs, you aren't less of a person... obvious pun averted... but you're going to have a hard time moving, let alone stopping a kick return.

    The article says he's also on the wrestling team. I can't even begin to imagine how awkward it must be for a 250lb kid from another school to wrestle a kid with no legs. I mean people grip the legs for leverage and everything, it's almost an unfair advantage, if you didn't take into consideration that he can't use his legs for leverage either. Wouldn't you just pick him up and set him on his back?

    I don't know. Way to go though buddy. Don't let your problems get slow you down, I guess.

    By Blogger Joseph, at Sun Sep 25, 08:25:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home