If You Build It, They Will Come.

Friday, October 12, 2001

I just took a philosophy midterm last night. Some of these questions snuck up on me (and the rest of the class) and I didn't really know the answer. So I decided to make them up. Here are a couple samples....

4.) Define vague and give an example. Vague -- When something is described and its description doesn't describe what it intends to. The previous sentence could be called vague.

6.) Give three examples of jargon. Slapshot, powerplay, and hat trick are examples of hockey jargon. This question could also be called vague.


14.) Define the Straw Man Fallacy. (This one I had no idea, so rather than just leave it blank...) The Scarecrow was upset because he didn't have a brain. However, he could walk, talk, and breathe and even at some times show upstanding moral character. If one had no brain, this would be impossible, and therein lies the fallacy. However, as it turns out, Scarecrow HAD a brain, just no diploma.

I'll probably get full credit for number 6, partial credit for number 4, and suspended for 14.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home