If You Build It, They Will Come.

Saturday, November 15, 2003

Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town

I seem to recognize your face
haunting, familiar, yet I can't seem to place it
cannot find the candle of thought to light your name
lifetimes are catching up with me.

all these changes taking place
I wish I'd seen the place
but no ones ever taken me

hearts and thoughts they fade, fade away...

I swear I recognize your breath
memories like fingerprints are slowly raising
me you wouldn't recall for I'm not my former
it's hard when you're stuck upon the shelf.

I changed by not changing at all
small town predicts my fate
perhaps that's what no one wants to see

I just want to scream "Hello"
My god it's been so long, never dreamed you'd return
but now here you are and here I am
hearts and thoughts they fade away

hearts and thoughts they fade, fade away...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home