If You Build It, They Will Come.

Monday, May 17, 2004

I just visited Charlie's Celtic Cross Pub, and I gotta say chin up Jack, 10 out of 120 is still a minority. It's hard, I know, I live in the MFO. There are like ten black people in this whole tri-city area, there's virtually never been a major crime here, and still people are so scared, we just passed a law permitting concealed weapons. There are billboards up everywhere saying "Don't be a victim, Carry a firearm." People around here have signs in their yard saying "I support President Bush." There's a guy at work who has a picture of Osama bin Laden on his shirt and under it it says, "I want you to vote for John Kerry." It's tough coming from college or at least a college town filled with people who are experienced and knowledgable, and for lack of better term, enlightened, to a place that is deeply rooted in ignorance, hatred, fear and conservativism.

But relax. You actually are the majority. But you are part of a quiet majority. The ignorant and fearful are the only ones who speak up, yelling to the masses about how gays are bad, or blacks are bad, or muslims are bad, or jews are bad, because they know a guy who knows a guy who knows one. The rest of us sit quietly as you did wondering when the idiots will stop talking.

Sadly, it seems they won't.

In other news, the film premiere is six days away. It is crunch time, and I am most definately feeling it. I'm actually getting pretty nervous. I hope you guys like the movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home