If You Build It, They Will Come.

Saturday, July 28, 2001

I got the day off work today. Tomorrow too. It's the weekend, but this it the first weekend since the shutdown I haven't worked. I always sit at work thinking about all the cool things I'd be doing if I wasn't there. Turns out I don't do any of them. My day has consisted of ordering a pizza. Now, I've got things to do tonight. But there is a lot of stuff around this apartment that I've put off doing until tomorrow.

Tonight though, I'm going to Jackson. At the Michigan Theatre (notice "theatre" not "theater" so it must be elegant) tonight, they are showing the original midnight movie. That's right kids, it's the Rocky Horror Picture Show, and I'm going. Am I bringing stuff to throw? Of course. Am I dressing up? Of course. Although, I'm going to be Eddie. The biker guy that Dr. Frank N Furter lobotomizes and uses to create Rocky Horror. I'm going with my aunt and uncle. This is of course a family show.

For those of you out there who have not seen the Rocky Horror Picture Show, that was sarcasm.

All I need for Eddie is fake blood, and face paint. Fortunately I have those from last Halloween, when me and my ex-girlfriend, now close friend Laura (the Cheese and Cracker Woman) drove up to Van Andel Arena in Grand Rapids Michigan for a mass showing of... you guessed it, the Rocky Horror Picture Show! I was Eddie then too. She was Magenta, the maid. Eddie is simple, just a black shirt tucked into blue jeans, darkened eyes, and a big scar with blood dripping down your head. Everything else involves cross-dressing, and I don't know if I'm comfortable with that. For myself anyway. There will be a lot of guys in teddies there tonight, and that's fine. I just couldn't hack it. I don't have the legs for it. :)

On another note. I miss my friends. I can't wait for school to start back up. I miss my pal Jackie. (The Fish Dinner Girl. All my friends are associated with food.) This will be a good year. I can tell already. I hope. I'm getting a new place, turning 21, and I'm going to have some green after I get done with this crappy job. I'm almost ready to start packing. Though it is like three weeks away, I'm just excited.

Anyway I'm off. Time to go to that hunting lodge for rich weirdos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home