If You Build It, They Will Come.

Friday, November 21, 2003

My response to Sarah Hatter's question about the Cold Shoulder.



I found this site through Jon who made a comment a few spaces down. Allow me to explain the "Cold Shoulder" as someone who gave it not even twelve hours ago, and kind of feels bad about it.

At least in my case, it's something simple that sets it off. There was this girl that I've seen a few times in the last few months. We just run into each other occasionally and talk for a while. She's really nice, but the more we talk, the more I realize she's not really my type. To date at least. She's a good friend, and really funny, and cool to talk to. But she's a girl, I'm a guy, we're twenty-something, so we lightly flirt occasionally. It's more funny than anything. Then one she tells me she likes me... and suddenly everything is awkward. I kind of explain to her that I think she's cool, but she's not exactly what I'm looking for... in a much nicer way than I just wrote it... and we're cool.

Last night I was a the bar and she showed up. We hung out and talked like we used to, but then I turn back to her and she's giving me that look. You know that look.

So I sat there in silence watching the guy playing open mic for about another two minutes, and then I left. I basically didn't know what else to do.

I'm not saying, Sarah, that you're not this guy's type. I don't know. It could be anything. Just that the "Cold Shoulder" can be because some male freaks out at the thought of actually hooking up with someone, but to be more specific, because what they thought was harmless flirting suddenly got serious, and they didn't want it to.

Although it happens both ways. I've been on the other end of it many more times. Where you think everything is going great and then suddenly it all crashes. So has Jon, more than I. And his are pretty painful.

This is a long comment.

Sorry.

I hope everything works out for you though. Good luck.
jp | 11.21.03 - 8:19 am | #

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home