If You Build It, They Will Come.

Saturday, October 09, 2004

I hope this blog doesn't become just a weekend thing, but it seems I'm either busy or too busy not being busy to write anything here anymore. That'll change soon, this is our last weekend shoot for some time. Yes, by next week saturday, I'll have my first day off. My first, not working from 9am to 7pm (at least) day since classes started. I take that back, I had my birthday off, because we worked from 7am to 11pm to get four films shot on saturday.

They say that the two professions you shouldn't get into if you love the subject are food and film. It's sad to say that it's hard for me to watch a film anymore without wondering what F-stop they are using, or what lighting ratio, or what lens, or noticing everytime they break the line of interest, purposefully or unintentionally. It's hard not to notice camera movements anymore. It used to be I could see a movie and just be entertained, now I feel it's hard to concentrate on the story because I'm too busy dissecting every directorial or photographic choice. It kind of sucks, and I'm sure it will pass, or at least be supressable, but for now it's at least helpful because every movie I see is now a lesson on how to make a film.

We drove up through Hollywood today. We went past the Kodak Theater where they hold the Oscars every year, we went past the Mann Chinese Theater, where all the big movies get premiered. We saw all the crazy characters out there, like the gold statue guy, and there was a stormtrooper, and the ogre Princess Fiona. We drove up to the Hollywood sign, we went past Paramount, Capitol Records, all the clubs on Sunset, like the Viper Room and whatever else club Christina Aguleria looks slutty at. We were just getting shots for Monica's film. We passed Hollywood and Vine. Not that impressive.

Things are going well out here.

I'll have pics up soon. I'll also be able to have all the short films I've done so far available for download shortly. They are all 16mm black and white, with no sound, (i.e. boring) but you'll get to see them.

Anyone know what "i.e." stands for? I'm not usre it was used correctly in that last paragraph.

I miss bad movie night at Kickapoo though. And the OP. And the freakin rain. Just one rainy day, that's all I'm asking for.

I saw an unofficial poll that said 71% of those polled felt John Kerry won the second debate. That's incouraging. Anyone else notice how George Bush is always on the defensive? I guess he's got a lot to answer for.

We passed the mom from Lizzie McGuire on the way to the Hollywood sign today. We almost hit her with the truck.

That's all from Cali. Take care folks.

jgp

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home