If You Build It, They Will Come.

Sunday, October 10, 2004

I was watching "Street Smarts" which in and of itself is shameful, but there was this woman that was on the show. The guy asks her "Where is Baghdad?" to which she answered, "Austrailia"

Sadly, because she is an American, this woman has the right to vote. I myself find that there is honor in NOT voting if you have no flippin' idea what is going on. I couldn't decide which candidate I disliked more in the last election, and I didn't vote. This time I know who I don't like, and so I'm voting for the other guy.

Other MI folks voting absentee, the request form is here.

More shooting today. New roommates looking at the place. Ugh.

If you are not ignorant, vote. If you are not stupid, vote Kerry/Edwards.

3 Comments:

  • So - as opposed to voting "FOR Kerry/Edwards" (which you say at the bottom of this post) you are voting AGAINST his opponent - where is the logic or nobility in that?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Oct 10, 01:54:00 PM EDT  

  • No, I have to go with joe- sometimes you have to vote for the lesser of two evils- John Kerry, while he doesn't seem like a bad candidate, is not one that I feel so excited about that I would be like, his campaign manager. But Bush, Bush is very very bad. Bush is going to make the whole world hate us. Bush is going to further pollute the environment, lose more jobs, allow more soldiers to be killed needlessly, and pretty much cause all-around havoc. So you vote for the one who will do better- Kerry.
    It's like if you're mom said "You can have Liver or Chicken and Dumplings for dinner" Really, you want pizza. But if pizza isn't a choice, at least go for chicken and dumplings. Well.. its kind of like that.. only in this case liver would make you vomit and die. Yeah, it's like that. So vote for chicken and dumplings, vote Kerry.

    By Blogger Lola, at Sun Oct 10, 03:41:00 PM EDT  

  • While it is true that voting for the lesser of the two evils is the way to go, inevitably it leads to an establishment of pure evil. Honor and nobility don't really play a part in it, lack of options is basically the only limiting factor. I honestly think John Kerry could do a good job at leading this country, do I think he could do the BEST job of anyone? No. Do I think he could do a better job than Bush? Of course. This is a whole other post that I'm sure I'll get charged up enough to do someday soon. Right now, I need to go direct a short film.

    By Blogger Joseph, at Sun Oct 10, 04:12:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home