If You Build It, They Will Come.

Saturday, February 05, 2005

Jo suggested a game where I take Winamp, put it on random, and write my favorite lines from the first 25 songs, and then mark them off as people guess them. So I'll do that now. However I doubt mine will be at all as challenging as hers. As people get them right, I'll mark them.

UPDATE I'VE PUT UP CLUES YOU CAN LISTEN TO IF YOU'RE REALLY STUCK. IF YOU'RE EVEN STUCKER, THE MUSIC FILES STILL HAVE THE ALBUM NAME IN THE PROPERTIES SECTION.

Without further delay....

1.) It's 1:30 in the morning, but that's alright by me / when she's just waiting by the phone / I should give a little warning / but I need the things I need... (Counting Crows - Why Should You Come When I Call?) -- Laura Winther

2.) Black green to green dark green brown every life is falling down / brown to black it's coming back.... [Listen]

3.) Don't want your hand this time, I'll save myself / maybe I'll wake up for once / not tormented daily defeated by you / just when I thought I'd reached the bottom I'm dying again. [Listen]

4.) He'll be pink / and quite clean / he'll be a strong man / oh honey but the wrong man... (Richard O'Brein [from The Rocky Horror Picture Show] - I Can Make You A Man) -- Unkempt

5.) 'You're so bitter' your complaint / I can't get you anything / I don't know who you're living for / I don't know you at all anymore [Listen]

6.) Don't need a helmet / got a hard hard head / don't need a rain coat I'm already wet / don't need a bandage / there's too much blood / after a while seem to roll right off (Pearl Jam - Whipping) -- Laura Winther

7.) You're essentially an employee and I like you having to depend on me / You're kind of my protege and one day you'll say you learned all you know from me / I know you depend on me like a young thing would to a guardian / I know you sexualize me like a young thing would and I think I like it (Alanis Morrisette - Hands Clean) --Jon Kameya

8.) I bow my head to confess / The temple walls are made of flesh / Runs up my arms 'til I'm on track / Itches my skin right off of my back / I'll heal your wounds I'll set you free / I'm Jesus Christ on Ecstacy [Listen]

9.) I can't stop staring / With my envy I steal glances / Resentful fault finder / This peek-a-boo's become a problem / Predisposed cat fighter [Listen]

10.) Georgie went to New York town / where he quickly settled down / and soon became the toast of the great white way / accepted by Manhattan's elite / in all the places that were chic / no party was complete without George (Rod Stewart - The Killing of Georgie) -- Éowyn Mishawn

11.) Brother's back at home / With his beatles and his stones /We never got if off on that revolution stuff / It was such a drag / Too many snags / Well I drunk a lot of wine / And I'm feeling fine / Gonna race some cat to bed / Is there concrete all around / Or is it in my head (Mott The Hoople - All The Young Dudes) -- Jean Parcell

12.) grey is my favorite color / i felt so symbolic yesterday / if I knew picasso / I'd buy myself a grey guitar and play (Counting Crows - Mr. Jones) -- Jon Kameya

13.) he's a god / he's a man / he's a ghost / he's a guru [Listen]

14.) I feel stupid but it's something that comes and goes / I've been changin' - think it's funny how now one knows (Matchbox Twenty - Mad Season) -- Éowyn Mishawn

15.) Let the sun shine burn way my mask. / Three days and maybe longer. Won't ever find me here. / Let the ocean dissolve way my past. / Four days and not much longer. / Let my spirit pass. [Listen]

16.) And all my armor falling down, in a pile at my feet / And my winter giving way to warm, as I'm singing him to sleep (Fiona Apple - Pale September) -- Marcy Bross

17.) I wanna feel / I wanna try / I wanna rock in the city tonight / I wanna deal / don't wanna die / I wanna bring my Cpt. Hook into the light [Listen]

18.) there's a monster / living under my bed / whispering in my ear / there's an angel / with her hand on my head / she says I got nothing to fear (Santana w/ Everlast - Put Your Lights On)-- Unkempt

19.) this plane is definately going to crash / this boat is obviously sinking [Listen]

20.) Oh, your eyes is wide open, baby / but your traveling down the wrong road / a wine drinkin' and a cheatin' woman / is one thing I can't afford [Listen]

21.) you can laugh your spineless laugh / we hope your rules and wisdom choke you / now we are one in everlasting peace / we hope that you choke (Radiohead - Exit Music (For A Film)) -- Marcy Bross

22.) looking for the sound that's gonna drown out the world / looking for the father of my two little girls / got the swing got the sway got the straw in lemonade [Listen]

23.) i let go of the rope thinking that's what held me back / and in time I've realized it's now wrapped around my neck / I can't see what's next on this lonely overpass / hang my head and count my steps as another car goes past [Listen]

24.) Kiss this, kiss that, yeah / Let alone, i'll signal / At least, at least, yeah / You could be my hero / Pick me, pick me, yeah / Everyone is waiting / Hit me, hit me, yeah / I'm real good at hating [Listen]

25.) I got no time for the corner boys / down in the street making all that noise / or the girls out on the avenue / cuz tonight I want to be with you [Listen]

\\goodluck

-j

12 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home