If You Build It, They Will Come.

Thursday, September 06, 2001

My closet collapsed again. Can you even believe it? Well, I can.

What's new in my life? Thanks for asking! Not a whole lot. I met this girl named Erin in line for parking passes. We've since gone out to lunch, and I went over to her place to watch Billy Madison. I love that movie. And for the record, shampoo is better. She seems really cool.

Apart from that, I am 21 in 20 days. Everyone is hanging out the next weekend. It should be lots of fun. So far Jon and Ryan and Laura and Erin and Nick and Erin and Robyn (Robin?), and maybe Amy and Bethany will be there. It'll rock.

Yesterday I was cleaning out some stuff and I came across a bunch of old junk from high school and actually before. Old notes (lots of them) from old girlfriends and old almost girlfriends. Stuff from Jr. High, old birthday cards, old graduation cards, etc. etc. I kept them all so they could help remind me of stuff from back then. So I could look at it and smile or something. Yesterday I threw just about all of it away. I kept a few things, a few letters and momentos. Most of it got scrapped. Most of it was notes from Susan. I don't know why I kept them all, I only needed one. They were all the same.

Dear Joe,

You're such a jerk. You always make me feel like you don't care about me. It's up to you now, I'm done trying. Why do you like Krissy, a girl from Michigan, more than you like me? You are from Ohio. Yeah, you may have lived the last 16 years of your life up north, but the last 5 months you've been here, so this is where you grew up. If you don't like that, you can kiss my ass.

Love always and forever,
Susan

Sometimes I really wonder about that girl. It's funny looking back what is a social error now and then. There was this girl named Rayna that I liked, and Susan (my ex-girlfriend at that time) told me to stay away from her because she has sex and drinks alcohol. Oh, sweet irony, in more ways than one.

I found a bunch of cards from when I had surgery. Which surgery I cannot remember, but one of em. Either having my tonsils out or my wisdom teeth out. Probably the tonsils. I was over the teeth in about 8 hours.

I found some old programs, two from plays Krissy was in, and one from one I was in. My old graduation program. Two of them. Letters from Julie Nissen, and Kelly Gort. Valentines from girls I don't remember with suckers still attached. A few notes form this girl I really liked in High School. Nothing happened between us during high school, but did two years later during the summer between my 2nd and 3rd year of college. The Summer of Love. I was in line for Pearl Jam tickets at the Kroger in Mansfield, and there she was. Jenni was working in the floral department. She had the prettiest eyes. Anyway we ended up hooking up a few times over that summer. I really liked her, but after that summer, I've just never had the guts to call her again. I should. I've felt like a jerk because I haven't and that was over a year ago. I still have her number memorized. I should give her a call.

Anyway, that's all. I'm going to get some stuff done if I can. Adios.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home