If You Build It, They Will Come.

Wednesday, October 24, 2001

To Erin:

It's funny where fate puts us. Whether it moves you away, or keeps you near. Whether it drops you next to your future best friend in a statistics class in a high school that I'm not sure either of us were too fond of, or gets you both lost on miles of Amish backroads as you listen to the radio, oblivious to the rest of the world. Whether it introduces you to you future spouse at a frat party or a subway station or makes you miss your bus. Whether or not you realize it, or appreciate it, it's always there.

I feel the need to tell you how much you mean to me, but I can't. Everything I could say you've heard me say countless times before, and I still don't think I've gotten my point across. You have affected my life in a way I couldn't possibly begin to describe. I am who I am today largely due to you. You taught me confidence, you taught me strength, you taught me humility, you taught me love. A love more powerful than I have ever felt before. A love that grows more and more all the time. A love that is comfortable, relaxed, easy. A love that is different than any I have ever experienced. I would have never thought that love could be this powerful and yet completely platonic. You have given me so much, you have made me a better person, you have made me grow up.

Thank you.... without you in my life, I wouldn't recognize myself.

If the time I hated most in my life hadn't happened, I wouldn't have made it to that statistics class. If I hadn't experienced all the anger I had, all the stuff I endured, all the people giving me all those snide "Oh, you're from Michigan" comments, I would've missed the car rides. All the times through High School where I thought "Why did God have to disrupt my perfect little life and move me down to Ohio away from all my friends and family."

Now I know why.

It's funny where fate puts us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home