If You Build It, They Will Come.

Thursday, October 25, 2001

You know... I'm so close to just quitting school at Western, working at a job for a while, and getting into film. I am so burned out. I am tired of school, tired of grades, I don't even like my major anymore. It pisses me off because I've never known what I really wanted to do. When I was three or so I wanted to either be a paleontologist, or the luggage carrier at an airport. I'm pretty much still that indecisive. I'm in college right now because it's the place to be. It's where my parents want me to be, and I've heard my whole life that if you don't go to college you get to be a garbage man for all eternity. They don't want to tell you that Einstein failed algebra. I mean yeah, college will put you in a career that is already out there, something people already do. What if you don't want that?

I want to be in film. In film, on film, around film. I want to make movies. I want to be in movies. I want to create something. I'm making a project with my friend Jon and a bunch of other friends. I've never felt so interested in something before. I've never felt like I would love to devote all my time to something. Maybe this is what I've been missing. Maybe all those people out there who are in college and know what it is they want to do with their lives, maybe this is how they feel. When I was a CompSci major, I never felt this way. Now I'm a Psych major. I still have never felt as excited about some aspect of psychology as I feel about a little film we're making on a Sony Hi-8 Camcorder.

So what am I doing with my life? Throwing it away on something that doesn't even hold my interest, while passing up something that I have truly fallen for? It would appear so. Sucks, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home