If You Build It, They Will Come.

Monday, April 29, 2002

I want to be a superhero. I have a super power. I can make myself invisible. Sometimes it happens when I don't want it to. I don't have complete control of my power yet, but I'm getting there. Someday I will fight crime as "See-Thru Guy." My costume will be... well it won't really matter what my costume is, because you won't see it. You won't see me. My arch-enemy would have no regard for me at all. We would fight and he wouldn't be the kind of enemy that feels any pity. Just attacks ruthlessly and destroys blindly. Like that clown guy from the Boogie Woogie Feng Shway episode of Cowboy Bebop. The mind of a child, just killing because it doesn't matter to him and he's powerful enough to push a guys head through a metal fence. And I would use my invisible powers and sneak up on him when, like all good comic books, it is revealed that my arch-enemy used to be my closest friend. And in that moment of hesitation, he will get away and kill a child or something. And that will be my baggage. I will never forgive myself for letting him kill little Billy. And I swear to myself that the next time we meet I will not hesitate, but I'm never sure, because he used to be my best friend. I can't kill him, can I? A great internal conflict, with a sweet external conflict filled with explosions as my enemy thoughtlessly destroys all that is good. There will be many battles, an I usually lose until my powers become more developed then the battles become more even. But the war is never won.

Take care, true believers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home