If You Build It, They Will Come.

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Here's something trippy I just realized as I was looking through all the old pictures my mom sent me for my eight week film. I moved out of Grandville Michigan to Lexington Ohio in 9th grade. I had to get used to a whole new area, new people, and I really didn't like it at all. I had to say goodbye to all my old friends and stuff too. It was kind of a bummer to a 14 year old kid.

At any rate, the reason I bring it up is that I left Grandville ten years ago today. Weird. Ten years ago this very minute we were arranging our new house for our first night on Kimberwick. Most of the people who read this blog probably don't understand the significance of this day to me. It was kind of the end of my normal life, and the start of something that at the time I absolutely hated. Like it or not, it was definately a great big new chapter in my life. Hell, probably even a new book. :)

Ok, just thought I'd share. John Sammon is out of state, and so all we have at NYFA to do today is edit our music films. I finished mine last night, so I've got today off. I got to sleep in. The film turned out really well. Pretty soon I'm going to post all the films I've done. Maybe even some of them that I didn't direct, but I worked on. Those pics should be up soon too, I've got two shots left on the roll, and I want a shot of the Warner Bros water tower. But everyday when I drive by it, I forget to take the shot.

Maybe I'll shoot a small DV film and post that too. Who knows. In the next few weeks I think I'll get a little free time. I'm supposed to do pre-production on my 8-week, but I don't forsee that taking up too much time, it's a simple story.

Take care kids.
JGP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home