If You Build It, They Will Come.

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Quickly my precious.

Okay, so here's a quick update on the last couple of days.

My production workshop scene was... well... interesting. First of all, something went terribly terribly wrong. I have no idea what happened, but I told everyone to meet at the school at 7:45, and everyone was on time, except me. Somehow I shut off my alarm, or it never went off, or something, but I didn't wake up until my AD called me at 8:15. I got to the school at 8:45, an entire hour late. Seriously, the most irresponsible and lame thing I've ever done. I apologized profusely to everyone, and we checked out equipment. The fun part of it was that since we shot exteriors, we didn't need lights, so check out was really fast. So fast that when we got to location, we were back on schedule. God I was so pissed at myself. I think more than anyone else was pissed at me. The whole day I was off too. I hit my head on my car getting into it. Now, you can entirely see how this is possible, as it's a near miss everytime you get in. But it never really happens. Then I walked into a glass door. Just like in Tommy Boy. Only I didn't say "Holy Schnikes." On the plus side, after being an hour late to my own set, I got the scene shot and wrapped five hours earlier than I was scheduled to. Five whole hours. So I took everyone out for lunch. I know, like I'm not Mr. Moneybags, but I owed it to them for making them wait. I need to be on their good side for the thesis. I think it worked.

Today I have a casting session at the school from 11-5. Should be fun. This film is so organized. It's a far cry from Twelve Page Paper. Although, I had that organized alright. I got that whiteboard and the corkboard, and I wrote things on it, as well as posted things. I'm definately boosting my m4d 0r94n124710n4l 5k1llz with this project. Which is good. I needed to.

It rained insanely last night. Thunder was so loud peoples car alarms were going off. I left my window open last night so I could hear the rain while I was falling asleep. So nice.

My room is clean, my laundry is done. It's turning out to be a good weekend.

Also Curtis is supposed to be coming down in the next couple of days. I'm excited about that. It'll be cool to see him again.

Okay (origin: O.K.; an ironical spelling of "all correct" as "oll korrect," ironical because neither the O nor the K were actually correct. Circa 1859) I should get going now. Maybe I can get some breakfast before the auditions.

-j

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home