If You Build It, They Will Come.

Monday, March 14, 2005

The Three Year Itch.

I'm a guy. That means at one point I was a little boy. That means at one point I loved Star Wars.

Now I've been giving George Lucas a lot of crap over the last few years, but the more I think about it, the more I realize I was jumping on a bandwagon. Crucify me if you must, but I really liked Attack of the Clones. Yes it relied a little heavily on digital animation, yes, I think the introduction of some of characters from the original trilogy, (C3PO, R2D2, Boba Fett) was unnecessary, but I remember leaving the theater thinking it was a really good film. I'm watching it again right now. I dig it.

The trailer for the new film, Revenge of the Sith, is out now, and it looks pretty bad ass. It's also supposed to be PG-13, while every other one has been PG.

I didn't like The Phantom Menace, but it had to be the setup film to a trilogy. A New Hope was also a setup to a trilogy, but at the time it was made, it wasn't slated to be a trilogy. I think that the new trilogy has so far been a setup for Revenge of the Sith. Hopefully it is as good as the trailer looks.

Then again, every three years, when the trailer for the new film has come out, I've gotten pretty pumped up. But like I said, I still like Attack of the Clones.

In other, less nerdy news, this is adorable. Once you get to this screen, click on "Strong Bad Puppet" in the upper right.

-j

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home