If You Build It, They Will Come.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

The needs of the many...

I've got a television directing class tomorrow with a guy named Adam Nimoy. The smart ass in all of us may ask, "Adam Nimoy? What is he like, Leonard Nimoy's son? Hahahaha." Actually smart ass, yeah, he is.

In other news, I've put together the first really really rough cut of The Looker, only because I'm supposed to. I usually edit an entire scene, then move on to the next one, but I'm supposed to go over a rough cut of the film tomorrow, and so I need to put all the master shots back to back so that the entire movie is in order. I generally don't like doing it that way, but that may be because the only other major project I've done that required a lot of editing was Twelve Page Paper, and I edited it scene by scene because I didn't have all the footage shot until a few weeks before it's release. There are some merits to doing it the way I'm doing The Looker. For instance, I get a much better feel for the pacing of the movie. Right now, it could be argued that Act I doesn't end until about 2/3 of the way through the movie. That's ten minutes of setup for a fifteen minute movie. While I knew it would be that way, because that's how I wrote the script, now I see I really need to push into the second act a lot quicker. Not sure how though. I could cut a scene, but it serves the story, and introduces a character and a relationship, and I guess it's not entirely necessary. We'll see.

-j

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home