If You Build It, They Will Come.

Friday, November 04, 2005

Mr. Smith goes to Moobyworld.

You know me, you know I'm a fan of Kevin Smith. I celebrate the guys whole catalogue. I do have to say, I'm a little apprehensive about Clerks 2. Kevin Smith is allowed to do whatever he wants, but first he said no more Jay and Silent Bob movies, and that didn't happen, then he said no big stars were going to be in this one, but already it's got Rosario Dawson, Ben Affleck, and Jason Lee.

Personally, I'm all for it. But in a time where there isn't an original thought in the mind of any Hollywood executive, and the studios put forth the comic book film, the 70's/80's TV show remake, or the unneccessary sequel, out comes the unneccessary sequel from the man who put independent film on the map.

Also on the soon to be released unneccessary sequel list:

Rocky VI
Big Mommas House 2
Garfield 2
Fast and the Furious 3: Tokyo Drift
Basic Instinct 2: Risk Addiction
Scary Movie 4
Final Destination 3
The Grudge 2
Mission Impossible 3
Underworld 2
Rush Hour 3

Seriously folks. How about we think of something new.

Maybe I'll think of it. Who knows.

-j-

2 Comments:

  • On another sequel note, Jason and I saw Saw II tonight, and holy freakin' schnikes... I may have a case of the permanent "willies" or at least a mild case of the "heebie-jeebies."

    Let me just say this: If the syringe scene in Pulp Fiction creeped you out because you have a "thing" for needles, the syringe scene in Saw II may make you quite literally crap in your pants.

    -j-

    By Blogger Joseph, at Sat Nov 05, 02:07:00 AM EST  

  • Currently in pre-production: “HeartSong 2” – …It’s another song about my heart, a longer song.

    By Blogger Eowyn Mishawn, at Sat Nov 05, 05:35:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home