If You Build It, They Will Come.

Monday, October 31, 2005

M347B4115&P0747035

Happy Halloween.

It was a really good weekend. Everyday was one of those days where when the clock hit midnight, I smiled because absolutely everything went right.

Now it's monday, and the weekend is over, and I'm looking back at real life again. It was like being intoxicated, and now I'm paying for it. You never regret the drunken partying, you just realize that you were never really thinking about the hangover.

I've got a big headache, I'm kind of light headed, and I've got a bad cough. Dressing up like a pirate seemed like a good idea at the time, but wearing shorts and a thin shirt outside at the end of october in Michigan definitely has consequences.

Erin came up this past weekend. We had a lot of fun. We made meatballs and potatoes the way my mom does and they turned out super awesome.

I had a job interview on friday for Verizon, and it went smashingly. The interview lasted about an hour, and at the end, he said I was one of the best interviews he's had in a really long time. The job pays really well, it's full time, eventually there's all types of benefits, PTO, etc, etc. And I figure since Verizon is a nationwide company, if next summer I decide to go to Denver, I can just put in a transfer request, and see if I can just start a job there right away. It'll be nice to be getting paychecks again.

However, I don't have the job yet. I just had a really good interview. Keep your fingers crossed for me, please.

I'm supposed to go over to Jamie and Jason's and hang out with Charlie, but I'm dragging ass today. I don't feel well at all. Plus I just realized that I slept with the window open last night, because I'm freaking brilliant.

I watched Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas last night for the first time. I think Johnny Depp is an amazing actor. Although, I must admit, I have no idea what that movie was about, or if there was a deeper plot than a Hunter S. Thompson character and his attorney being on a long drug binge in Las Vegas. That's probably all it was. I absolutely loved the part where Raoul was hiding behind the bar and the photographer knocked on the door, and he was terrified. Or the part right before it:

"There's a big machine in the sky, some kind of electric snake coming straight at us."
"Shoot it."
"Not yet... I want to see its habits."

It was good.

-j-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home