If You Build It, They Will Come.

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Kramer doesn't care about black people.

It's that time of year again. The months end in "-ber" so it must be the ever growing christmas season.

I don't want to sound like one of those "I hate christmas" people, but I hate christmas. No, that's wrong, I don't hate christmas. I hate working in retail. The holiday is fun, becasue I get together with my family who I don't get to see enough of, get to get them lame gifts that sounded really good at the time, and usually get the new season of 24 on DVD.

The part I hate is that after Halloween, everything becomes about christmas. Nevermind Thanksgiving is in there somewhere. Then comes Black Friday, and the 46 days of christmas kick into overtime. Black Friday, if you don't know, is the day after Thanksgiving when stores open at like 3am so people can go absolutely apeshit to get the greatest deals on loads of stuff. It's called Black Friday by corporations because its the day that they tend to start their profits for the year, thus getting out of the red and into the black, thus making it a good day. It's called Black Friday by employees of those corporations on the retail front because it is the day when the darkest of society's all cousuming soul spews forth and the most greedy potential of humanity bombarded by capitalism is realized. Last year people were trampled running into a Wal-Mart.

That is the side of christmas that I hate. Do you remember the end of The Lord of the Flies when the ship shows up to rescue the kids, and they all start crying because they hadn't realized how completely carried away they had all gotten? That's what it seems we need.

That's all I got. Later.
j

1 Comments:

  • Hi, I'm starting a new site to let retail workers vent about the many joys of that sector. thought you might like it. also I'm looking for writers. if you're interested get in touch. you can leave comment or join the forum on the site. additionally if it's ok with you I would like to use your retail rant as an article on the main page. I would of course credit you as the author and include a link to your site. check out the site and get back to me. hope you like it and to hear from you soon.

    www.RETAILHELL.co.uk

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Jun 12, 01:20:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home