If You Build It, They Will Come.

Friday, December 14, 2001

I need a new job. A closer job. A better job. I don't like my boss anymore. She's a cheater. She tells us to do ten things at once, then complains when one gets done before the other. In the Sr. Sale position I was in I got a 5 day paid vacation. She never told me this. She knew, and she knew I didn't know, but if I knew, that would mean I would've taken five days off. I only found this out when John, the assistant manager, who has been the assistant manager for about a year and a half, stumbled onto an email that said there was a new cut-off for times when employees could take said vacation. He was like, "We get vacations?" John got seven days, and he took them the next week, because his cut-off time was the week after that. But Bambi, (yes Bambi, not a hot blonde, but a middle age not-hot lady) never told us. We get free games sent to us. Although, we didn't find this out until Bambi went to El Salvador, and Tom came over and managed our store. He was like, "Yeah, they sent stuff for the employees all the time. Bambi probably takes it all." And she does. She's so two sided. She always made fun of our last DM, and so did we, but we never really made fun of his person, just his voice. He really, in my mind, was an alright guy. Bambi would get mean. But shes one of those people who always says she stands up for her employees. Then one day I went in the backroom and heard her on the phone with him saying, "I didn't think they should be making fun of you, so I told them to stop, but they just kept doing it." Now I've had a few days scheduled off for about two months or so. My mom and dad got me Red Wings tickets for my birthday. The games on monday and wednesday next week. So I figured instead of driving back and forth, I'd just take my usual two days off then. Work monday morning, off tuesday and wednesday and work thursday night. This has been on the calendar since september. But of course I know that she doesn't pay attention. So I remind her of this often. She's like, yeah, that should be fun. So I called her again yesterday and asked if she had the schedule done yet. Of course she said no. The schedule covers sunday to saturday and usually doesn't get done until saturday, the day before it's needed, so no one knows if they work the next day. Although, she has been doing better at getting it done earlier, like saturday morning, instead of night. So anyway, I call to remind her, and she flips out, saying I can't do it, because tuesday is Final Fantasy X day. I'm like, "I've had this scheduled for like two months now." She's like no. And so I'm trying to work with her asking if I can make it up or something and she just starts yelling and says, "Fine, take it, I'll just have to work open to close everyday. Bye." and hangs up on me. This is where it all went downhill for me. I was thinking to myself, you don't have to cover me, you're the manager, you just need to have one of your staff cover me. You have three guys, Aaron, Mike, and Charles, who work only four hours every week. You have Jeremy, Adam, Tim, Jeff, and two new guys you just hired. She was like, "I didn't hire on this season because I thought I'd have a full time staff." When I know for a fact she just hired those two new guys this week. Then the part about her having to work it? Bite me, there's no need for her to work, she's already scheduled the management. She just tried to guilt trip me into giving up something I wanted to do, I had PLANNED to do, by lying to me again. It's the thing with the vacations again. She's a two faced liar.

Needless to say I'm looking for a better job. I'd feel bad quitting now, even if I had another job, because the christmas season is the hardest time to work at the mall, and even though I'd gladly give it up, I'm sure she'd make everyone else work like ten times more and take it out on them. And I like everyone else. I like them a lot, they are all really really cool. But whenever I'm scheduled to work with Bambi, I feel like breaking something. She always gives us fifty things to do, and then goes and talks to her husband and kid on the phone in the back room. There will be like me and Adam working, and she'll be like, "Joe, you reorganize all the used stuff" (Which I've told her stay organized until the next customer looks at them, you have to take them off to look at them. It's the most assinine system ever, but she doesn't care. Logic bounces off this woman like bullets to Superman.) and then she'll tell Adam to put fifty new games out on the shelves. (Which don't even have room for the ones that are out there.) She'll be working on the shrink wrap table (meaning on the phone with her husband). Something not right with this equation? Are we forgetting something? Oh yeah, who's working the freaking registers? Nobody? That's right. So we get a small line of customers, and we stop to help them. (A small line during christmas takes about twenty minutes to work through.) Then Babmi bitches that we haven't gotten doen yet. Bite me lady. If I hear her say "Ya follow me?" or "Looking is good, buying is better." or "I'll need 42 pieces of ID, not really." or "I love christmas. I'm Bambi, my second cousin is Rudolph." one more goddamn time, I'm going to flip out.

That is all. I work in an hour and 20 minutes. You may see me on the front page of the paper soon. Under the headline, "Stressed Out Mall Employee Goes Postal."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home