If You Build It, They Will Come.

Saturday, December 08, 2001

I was driving home tonight when I suddenly got a craving for a Frisco Melt Platter and a Cookies and Cream Shake from Steak and Shake. It's been a long time since I've wanted one of those, (and now that it's been 45 minutes since I've eaten it, I remember why). Anyway, I brought a book in, becuase I was all alone, but I never got to read it. Behind me there was an argument going on between a Jehovah's Witness and a girl who seemed slightly agnostic. Very cool. I just sat and listened to them talk the entire time, barely supressing my urge to hop in as well.

I'm writing a screenplay. Right now it's called "Ordinary Life" but that's just the working title. It's basically about life as a college student, but not the stereotypical college student you always see movies about. It's about the students out there who still have no idea what they are doing with their lives, or who have realized that they have already walked into the rut of adulthood and that there is no turning back. Someone who buys into the fact that there's more to life than anyone ever tells you, than anyone wants you to know. For those that are unsure of themselves. Not the frat guys who have their house expelled and then take revenge at the homecoming parade, not the five guys who make a pact to get laid, not the partying guys who take a drive to retrieve a incriminating video tape. All these ideas went through my head, before someone pointed out that they had been done. I thought then I should write about something I think I know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home