If You Build It, They Will Come.

Monday, December 10, 2001

Two things:

I freaking hate Booker T. Not in the typical way a guy hates a wrestler. Not like I hated Stone Cold Steve Austin because he ran over the Rock's car with a monster truck. Not like I hated the Undertaker because he single handedly destroyed Hulkamania. These are part of the show, these are in the script. Me hating them was the desired effect, because that's what they were going for. I hate Booker T because I am convinced he is some kind of goon who has no place in the WWF, in the public eye, or even working anywhere but behind the counter at a McDonalds serving me fries. Ok, there are two absolutely ridiculous moves in wrestling. One is Scotty 2 Hotty's worm. This is fun to see. One is Booger T's Spinneroonie. What in the blue hell is the spineroonie for? Hi, I'll do a freakin breakdance in the ring, and then look at my hand like it was the first time I've ever seen the stupid thing. What am I forgetting. Oh yeah, to hit the guy, at all. Idiot. So WCW and ECW lost the Survivor Series, and Booker T was fired. But he won't go away!! He came back and screwed up and match, then came back and begged Ric Flair for his job back. All the while making that stupid Booger T face saying, "Tell me you just didn't say that." Shut up. Then tonight, he messed up the match between Austin and Jericho, and Jericho is the champion. Now, I don't mind that Jericho won. I don't mind that the match ws interfered with. But BOOKER T? Anybody but him. Undertaker, RVD, Angle, HHH, Hulk Hogan, I don't care. Just fire that stupid bastard.

(yes, I watch too much wrestling. joe=dork)

The second thing. I'm watching Sleepless in Seattle. Now. As I am typing this. I hate this movie. Not because its a bad movie. It's a great chick flick. I can watch them, I have a problem with most of them, but I can watch them. The problem with chick flicks are usually the same. The reason I hate this movie is Bill Pullman. You see, women love the love story. The one where coincedences and events eventually bring people together for the last scene, the first kiss in front of the amber sunset. But, if you want a love story, isn't that the beginning and not the ending? See, there's the first kiss, and it's a great first kiss. But how do you know that the next day, they don't break up because they realize they don't even know the other's name? Take Sleepless in Seattle. (I'm to the part I hate in the movie.) Annie hears Sams voice on the radio and even though she has built a relationship up with another guy enough to become engaged, she decides to go to New York WITH her fiancee, and decides to dump him after they pick out dishes and stuff, and after he buys a bottle of wine and a nice dinner. She leaves him at the freaking table, and goes to find out if this man she has never met and really knows nothing about is waiting for her on the top of a building. And the kicker? He lets her go, because he loves her so much that he wants her to be happy, even if it means his complete and total heartbreak. So Annie is like "I don't deserve you. I gotta go." She throws her entire love life away, demolishes a guy that trusted her, and runs to the building. There Sam and Jonah are there eventually, and they hold hands. There isn't even a first kiss! And the movie ends there. What the hell kind of a stupid story is that? Poor Bill Pullman gets ditched for a guy on the radio. All the women forget this though. Bill Pullman doesn't matter, as long as Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks hold hands. This is why women bug me. Love is great right? It's awesome. I agree. But it can be painful too. Devistating. But it's easy to ignore Bill Pullmans demise and destruction, because Tom and Meg held hands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home