If You Build It, They Will Come.

Friday, December 21, 2001

Know what I want to do tonight? I want to watch The Rocky Horror Picture Show with my old pal Laura Barb, while singing every song with my hand up in the air. I want to get hit with inspiration and write the next part of my screenplay. I want to come up with a new idea. Any new idea.

I feel the need to write something here that is kind of a difficult subject to tackle. Religion. I know I've already on this page somewhere displayed my thoughts on the matter. But, last night I saw something truly remarkable. Politically Incorrect with Bill Maher. Last night they had a Bishop, a Rabbi, and an Islamic Priest on the show. It was amazing because here I was my entire life being under the christian blanket of knowing the stories of Jesus and Joseph and Mary and whatever. Watching these three talk, I was like, that Bishop guy is kind of an asshole. The Jewish guy was saying, believe what you want, Judism isn't an exclusive club, if you want in, come on over. The Islam guy was like, hey, I'd be more than happy to tell you about Allah, but if you want to be Muslim, that's a choice you must make for yourself. The Christian guy was like, y'all are burning in hell if you don't convert to my religion. He was like, "It is the duty of every Christian to convert non-believers." Is that true? If so, is it too late to change my religion? Although I guess I don't really even consider myself Christian, or anything at all, but man, I was like, what a dick. And apparently so was the crowd, who I imagine were mostly Christian or some variation themselves, who took every chance to applaud the other two's message of tolerance over the Christian guys message of you guys are stupid. And this conceited bastard actually had the gall to try and make the other two convert to Christ right there on the show, by asking them to accept Jesus. The Rabbi was awesome, he was like, "I hear your invitation, and now hear me say that I respectfully decline."

Man is not truly vain until he believes he can speak for God.

People are born into religion. Bill made the point that if the bishop was born in Egypt, he'd be arguing the others point. And this guy, man what a jerk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home