If You Build It, They Will Come.

Thursday, May 30, 2002

People lost faith in the Red Wings. Everyone was sure last night they would've played the last game of their season. You were wrong. All of you!! I don't blame you though. Leaving JLA monday night after a terribly disappointing OT loss, you could see it in their eyes too. All the fans around us felt the same way. You could hear it in the erie silence. When the lamp behind Hasek lit, the ecstatic crowd went quiet. No one expected this to go to seven. But guess what. They got it done last night. It started out best of seven, then they split the first four, so it was the best of three. After splitting the next two it's the best of one. I hope it goes to OT so it's next goal wins the series. And then I hope Roy throws it in his own net again. Say what you want about Patrick Roy. But I don't think the Wings could've gotten this far without him. I mean yeah, he's amazing. Best goalie in the history of the game. Three time Conn Smythe winner. But for every jaw dropping, physics defying, holy-crap-how-did-he-do-that, miracle save he makes, he does something stupid too. He'll kick it in his own net, throw it in his own net, come out to the blue line to try to stop a Kirk Maltby breakaway. I will leave you with two quotes.

First to all those who doubted this would go to seven.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." --Darth Vader.

And one from my good buddy Nopapimp.
"...all I can think of that comes out of Qubec is Celine Dion and Patrick Roy... both of which are dumb." --Jon Kameya

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home