If You Build It, They Will Come.

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Post Happy
You know how when Halie's Comet comes around, and everyone gets all excited because no one has seen it in like 80 years, and no one will for another 50 years? So you go out after waiting all day, and you finally see it and it's just a bright dot in the sky. And you're like, "I waited all day for that?" And then big astronomy buffs are all like, "You're so lucky, no one has seen that in 80 years!" So you look at it, and you're like, "Wow, there it is... ok, I'm going to go play Dr. Mario."
Tonight, we all have the opportunity to see something that no one has seen since 1918. Something some people have been so eager to see their entire lives. I'm watching it right now. Not that I care entirely, but if my kids ever become baseball fans, I'll know where I was when "The Curse" was broken. The Red Sox are up 1-0 in the game right now, and possibly are 8 innings away from winning their first World Series since they traded Babe Ruth to the Yankees.
I still hate baseball. I don't know if I'll be able to watch this whole game, but I'm going to try. It'll be on in the background while I'm doing more important things.
jgp

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home