If You Build It, They Will Come.

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Éowyn Mishawn Alixopulos-Blucher McGuinn...

...is easily becoming one of my favorite people that I've never met. Her and Gwen Stefani. She's the one leaving all the Napoleon Dynamite quotes on my site, and on her own.

In other news, I want an office. Not like in my home, but a place to go. (as in "I'm going to the office, I won't be back until late.") But see, not like an office where someone comes in and makes me give back the red stapler and complains about me not putting the new cover sheet on my TPS report even though I got that memo. I want a production office. One that I run. This stems from doing a casting session in an actual office today. I kept thinking how cool it would be to have my own office, and have a secretary greeting all the people coming in for the casting, having a break room, and like an editing workstation, a sound booth, an art department, the financial and legal office... and I run it all. That would be bad ass.

There's this building outside of Grandville that used to be a boys and girls club called UCAB. (Krissy, it's where we had my "surprise" going away party in 8th grade.) That club fell through, and it soon turned into a teen dance club called "The Underground." Soon thereafter that fell through as well. I thought to myself that that would be the perfect building in which to create a production office. It's spacious, it's got an office section, a front desk/reception area, there's a board/meeting room, enough space to put up editing stations and an art department upstairs, enough room to build a recording studio downstairs for ADR and foley, the actual prophouse could also fit downstairs, and if not the recording studio could be upstairs, and there's a huge freakin' gym that could easily be converted into either a work area for an art departement (if we had anything requiring an art department that needed that much space) or a medium sized soundstage to build some sort of set or blue/green screen sets. Plus there's a nice deck if I remember correctly, and a large freshwater pond, all good for chilling out. There's plenty of parking, it's a remote place where we wouldn't be bothered for being noisy... It would be absolutely perfect.
I wonder what is there now.

4 Comments:

  • shit yeah! I'm gonna make a movie like "You Got Served" but with line dancing.

    By Blogger Joseph, at Fri Jan 07, 03:53:00 PM EST  

  • Wow, that's a really nice thing to say, thank you. I wonder why it is that people tend to like me more before they've met me? Humm...interesting. Although, I'm not sure if the Napoleon Dynamite quotes make me cool or a looser. Well, either way, I'll take it. So to return the compliment...

    Well, you have a sweet bike and you're really good at hooking up with chicks, plus you're like the only guy at school who has a mustache

    By Blogger Eowyn Mishawn, at Fri Jan 07, 05:43:00 PM EST  

  • Monkey in training...
    chimp...

    but.. aren't you, THE MOLE???

    HAHAHAHAHA get it??? basement???
    we call you the mole????

    DERRRRRRRRR

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Jan 09, 03:02:00 PM EST  

  • DDDDDEEEERRRRRRR hey, know what we call you? DDDDEEEEERRRRR!!!

    Maybe the person who left this comment is on the side of the road, dead. Maybe, you never know.

    By Blogger Joseph, at Sun Jan 09, 09:23:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home