If You Build It, They Will Come.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Familiarity

I was watching Carnivale tonight, (for anyone who gets HBO, this show is totally awesome) and I noticed something. Ben Hawkins, played by Nick Stahl, goes to Damascus to try to find Henry Scudder. He goes into this barn, and into this hotel, and as I'm watching it, I recognize the location they used. It's the Old West set on the backlot of Universal. We shot our production workshops there. Here's a pic from the show. Where all the pigs are is where Dave had two cowboys fight. The Hotel Astoria at the end of the road is where they put all our camera equipment. Here's a pic down the same street that I took that day, from a slightly different angle.

As Napoleon Dynamite would say, "Sweet."

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home