If You Build It, They Will Come.

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Why me?

My CD/DVD burner is now carving a nice round groove into any CD I put into it. Just one more thing on my list of crapiness. This is the last straw.

You ever get to that point where stuff keeps going wrong, and you're really stressed out on top of that, and you're having a terrible time, and then that one additional unnecessary ridiculous thing goes wrong, and you just can't help but laugh, because it just figures. And for that moment you can step out of yourself and see what a comedic calamity your life has recently become, and you get a little chuckle out of it as your world kind of crumbles around you.

Maybe it's me not taking the troubles too seriously. Maybe it's a defense mechanism to prevent a panic attack. Whatever it is, can look around me right now, and think that it can only get better from here.

I know I'm wrong, but I do my best to focus on the positive things. I guess that's why I can sometimes laugh at how I've basically fallen apart and how I currently completely suck at life.

See? That last sentence I wrote with a smile on my face, because while it may be true, it's written in a dramatic and humorous way. I even went back a few times and added adverbs to try to maximize the funny.


"Time passes in moments... moments which, rushing past, define the path of a life, just as surely as they lead towards its end. How rarely do we stop to examine that path, to see the reasons why all things happen, to consider whether the path we take in life is our own making, or simply one into which we drift with eyes closed. But what if we could stop, pause to take stock of each precious moment before it passes? Might we then see the endless forks in the road that have shaped a life? And, seeing those choices, choose another path?"

1 Comments:

  • Pioneer.

    It's not your fault, computers screw up. It'd be superfly sweet if you could fix it though, as I am clueless. That's why you're the Dependable Skeleton, my Wu brother.

    By Blogger Joseph, at Tue Oct 25, 05:21:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home