If You Build It, They Will Come.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

...So Build It.

Well the christmas party was a blast. I got an awesome cotton candy maker. Also, it was my first christmas with Erin, so it was very nice. Although, nice is one of those words girls hate to hear, nice is really what it was. It was exciting, and wonderful and all that, but moreso just nice, comfortable. It felt right.

My job is starting to drive me crazy. Not that it's a bad job, or that I don't like the people I work with, or anything like that. Not at all. In fact I spent a good bit of time last week making ringtones. Yes, making ringtones, by singing them into a phone, and then setting them as my ringtone.

The problem is, as fun as that is, it's time I'm wasting. I've burned over a year at my job right now, and while I'm too sensible to just up and quit, I've also put a career that I went to school for on hold for far longer than I thought I would. I've been writing, sure. I've meant well. I've meant to do a lot of things that never got going. And everyday I go to my job is another day I'm reminded that it's not what I should be doing. At the beginning of every eight hour shift, I look at what my day will be, and realize that I'll have to put off what I'm good at and what I love until tomorrow. Then tomorrow comes, and I slap that damn nametag on again and put it off another day.

The good news is, for the first time in a while, I'm feeling better, as if there is a light upcoming. I feel like the winds of change are blowing, and frankly, they may be blowing very hard.

It will be very interesting to see where I am in one year.

That having been said, if I'm still slapping on that same nametag in a year, I want someone to shoot me.

*j

2 Comments:

  • Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
    You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
    Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
    Waiting for someone or something to show you the way

    Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain
    You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today
    And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
    No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

    And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking
    And racing around to come up behind you again
    The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
    Shorter of breath and one day closer to death

    Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time
    Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines
    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
    The time has gone, the song is over, thought I'd something more to say

    BREATHE REPRISE
    Home, home again
    I like to be here when I can
    When I come home cold and tired
    It’s good to warm my bones beside the fire
    Far away across the field
    The tolling of the iron bell
    Calls the faithful to their knees
    To hear the softly spoken magic spells.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Jan 16, 11:06:00 PM EST  

  • Thank you.

    Seriously.

    By Blogger Joseph, at Tue Jan 16, 11:56:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home