If You Build It, They Will Come.

Friday, June 28, 2002

Why the hell was I thinking of a fish market?

My Uncle Jack died today at 4pm. He's been around longer than I can remember. It's so weird when someone who has always been there is suddenly not there anymore. I didn't know Jack all that well, I didn't get to see him that much. He was always around on christmas and thanksgiving. All the big one's him and Ro would come walking through the front door together. The thing I always think about when I think of Jack, is that the man had a grip of steel. Everytime you shook his hand you had to check afterwards to see if it still worked. That and I'll never forget him telling me that I got pink eye because I was peeing on the sidewalk. For the record, I never peed on any sidewalk. Jack had a great sense of humor, he'd always say stuff like that. See on the outside, the man looked tough as nails. A rough, solid slab of pure intimidation. But when he'd sit down on the couch and start joking around with us kids, it was like looking at the picture of the vase or the two faces. You realize you're looking at the exact same thing, but are now seeing a completely different picture. Jack was fun. Jack was notorious for getting us riled up when we were younger. He was a husband, an uncle, a father, a grandfather, and a great grandfather and he will truly be missed.

Take care Jack, I'll try to stop peeing on all those sidewalks.

-JGP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home