If You Build It, They Will Come.

Tuesday, March 30, 2004

I feel like I walked into a damn soap opera. Aaron Spelling's "Citgo." Day 1, store meeting. Everyone yelling at everyone else about what they do and don't do. It's perfect. There's the High School Girl, the 45 year old burn out woman, the schemey gay guy, the fat bitchy one with the burning temper, the 65 year old woman, the 35 year old virgin, the quiet woman, the know it all chick, the boss who you can't tell whether or not she's good or evil, and the nice one who is temporarily on crutches after her 16th surgery from a drunk driver hitting her 17 years ago. And then me, the new guy thrown in mid season to boost ratings. The fly in the ointment, the monkey in the wrench.

Today is "orientation." I call it "orientation" with the "s because I work at a gas station, and "orientation" is in an office building 15 miles away.

It's a job, it's 40hrs a week, it's insane, but I think when I'm on 3rd and no one else is there, it'll be a lot nicer. It sucks, I was starting to enjoy this early to bed early to rise crap. Oh well.

Time to get going to "orientation." Why is the root word of Orientation "Orient?" Doesn't that mean "east?"

later
joey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home