If You Build It, They Will Come.

Monday, June 14, 2004

I'm sleepy, not sure why.

So far Nopa, Johanna, Jamie and Jason are into driving across the country with me. Super coolness. I've got the most awesome friends ever.

The first wave of the DVD's have been mailed out. They should be arriving in a few days with the exception of Jason, Jamie, and Jamie's mom and dad's copies. They were all packaged as more than one, so they will take about a week (I mailed Jason and Jamie's together, as they live in the same house.)

A quick shout out to that moron in Times Square who was somehow deeply insulted by a defensive basketball game when the Pistons beat the Pacers to move on to the finals. His cocky stupid ass said to the Pistons, and I quote, "Congratulations, you'll be out in five." It's looking like he might be right, only, I'm sure he meant the Lakers would knock them out, and not the other way around.

I have to call NYFA today. I have to look around for student loan crap. I have to work at 4. I don't feel like doing any of it, I don't know why. I'm sleepy I guess. A little grouchy too. I know it's one of the pitfalls of living at home, but I hate it when my parents feel the need to constantly remind me of what I have to do, as if I have no idea. When my mom wakes me up five minutes before my alarm goes off, or after I hit the snooze button, to make sure that I know what time it is. I've lived on my own for six years, I can function on my own. I know they mean well, and they don't do it because they feel I can't handle it. My mom is just kind of a worrier. She gets anxious thinking that the one day that I hit the alarm and don't get out of bed immediately and she doesn't say anything is the day that I fall back asleep through the rest of the day and wake up five hours late and get fired from my job and like get in a big car wreck and then lose my legs or something. I only know that because I feel like that sometimes too to other people. I don't blame her for it, but it does get annoyinbg sometimes. My parents have this belief that if they don't harp on me to do something, I won't do it. The truth is that I lived in Kalamazoo for six years, and they didn't see what I did and didn't do. But now that I'm around and they can see me, they are learning that I do take things into my own hands, I do take control, and it's a little insulting how shocked they seem to be.

At any rate, I knew I'd have to deal with this when I moved back here, so I'm not that upset about it. It irks me a little every now and then.

Los Angeles, though. I don't think the idea of me moving to LA has fully sunk in yet. It's a little creepy. Very intimidating. I'm going to work on the Universal Lot, so I'm going to see famous people like all the time. I can handle all of it though, I know I can.

Gotta go. Promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep.

jgp

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home