If You Build It, They Will Come.

Thursday, June 02, 2005

I'm getting antsy, kids.

Not because I want to leave California. Because I just reworked the Coughing Dog Site for the release of The Looker. I really just want to open it up, and make it available for everyone to check out, but I promised myself I'd wait until Friday night.

Ok. I'll make everyone a deal. I'll upload it early if you ask nicely. Just leave me a comment, or contact me via the CDP site, and leave a detailed message about how awesome I am, and how much you're looking forward to this films release, and I'll put it all up tomorrow.

Or don't. In which case, I'll probably just put it up tomorrow anyway. I know me. Very little self control.

If you do happen to be one of the people coming to the premiere, just wait.

In similar news...

I had my final screening greenlight meeting today. One of the people who watched it was named Curnal. (pronounced "colonel" which spelled phonetically is "Curnal." It just sounds like it reads, folks, deal with it.) Curnal had never seen my film before (I missed my original consultation with him to continue editing, which I thought was more important to do, rather than stop, and have some guy I never met tell me I need to keep editing) so I was really interested in seeing what he thought. He laughed a lot. At the end he told me it was definately festival worthy, which really made me happy. He said, and I quote, "This movie will do well."

Unfortunately, to release it to festivals, I'm going to need to redo the score, as it's all currently taken from Danny Elfman. I can hire a composer, no problem. I'm also going to need to get rid of one of the jokes that I really liked, because it's both a rip off of other characters, and a class inside joke. Me and Nick Hynes were standing out in the courtyard leaning on the glass, I was wearing that black trenchcoat, and Nick, who had long hair and a beanie and is about three inches taller than me and a little lanky, was wearing a white long sleeve shirt under a black t-shirt. Someone pointed out that we looked familiar....

I'm really anxious to see what you guys think of the movie. I guess maybe people who check my blog will be rewarded early for being so curious and interested about what is going on in my life. I'm flattered. Thank you. You like me. You really like me.

Also, it is 3am here on the pacific west, meaning for most people who read this, it's actually 6am, which feels an awful more like thursday than 3am does. Now would be a great time to upload it and release it to my friends...

Ah, but alas, would it be right?






Oh screw it. Here it is.

-j

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home