If You Build It, They Will Come.

Tuesday, July 02, 2002

You want to be groovy? Huh? You want to fit in? You want to go to the big dance? You want to be the king?? You'll be the fool!! Shampoo will play you for the fool!!

I'm on a mission. I'm turning it all around. Like I said. You'll see. I'm gonna be the king.

On another note... a completely different note... something feels vaguely familiar. It's weird. I feel like I've been given another shot at something. But I'm not sure. Fate can be confusing sometimes. Like you're given a choice between door number one and door number two. The first time you pick door number one, right? Behind it is a nice fresh out of the oven, warm chocolate chip cookie. Mmm... so good. Then for some crazy reason, you're given the choice between door number one and door number two again. You know that cookie is back behind door number one again. But given the circumstances, you still don't know if you made the right choice. Behind door number two, there might be a million dollars. Or there might be absolutely nothing. There could even be like Freddy Kruger, and if you pick his door, he'll chop you up man. I mean, you could play it safe and figure that you made the right choice the first time, the cookie is the grand prize, and go for it again, with no chance of getting cut up by Freddy. But given the fact that this is the perhaps only second chance you get, playing it safe could mean that you miss out on the do-over that could make you a millionaire.

At this point in time though... I hear the sound of metal claws scratching at the back of that door... and you know... there's nothing that can beat a warm chocolate chip cookie.... or is there? This could get interesting. Or... maybe I'm learning through repitition. Maybe it isn't worth it. No, it's not. I doubt it anyway. But I guess you never know. Or maybe you do. Do you? Is this a shot at another cookie, or is it a chance to do it right and get the big bucks? Or is it an affirmation that I did it right the first time? It is our daily choices that make us who we are. Should I pony up and bring both my barrelfuls?

At times like this, I find that if I just actually think about the actual situation, I deep down really know what to do. In all honesty, a cookie doesn't sound all that bad right now.

I hope you all enjoyed my inner monologue.

Hail to the king, baby.

-JGP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home