If You Build It, They Will Come.

Thursday, February 24, 2005

It's ALIVE!

But a shell of it's former self.

I got my PC running again. Unfortuately EVERYTHING is gone. Except, awesomely enough, all the episodes of this season of 24, which coupled with Rob and Lola's Wedding DVD, are the only things I had stored on the backup hard drive.

Apparently this virus is called "Sober." This strain of it was released on monday, and it totally decimated my machine that very night. The good news is, the hard drive doesn't seem to be permanently damaged as previously expected. So I still have all the space, now I've also got a ton more free space.

So get your virus software updated. Now. What happened was Explorer crashed unexpectedly a few times, then when I rebooted the system, it couldn't start windows, and then it rebooted, and proceeded to wipe the hard drive clean. Fortunately I had this back up system.

Unfortunately, everything is gone. It's going to be a while before I'm anywhere near where I used to be.

Lame
-j

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home